Items
Search full-text
united reformed church
-
Saltaire Congregational Church Titus Salt was a member of the non-conformist Congregational Church. He commisioned an elaborate church building which was built opposite Salts Mill. Since 1859 it has been the home of the Saltaire Congregational Church and its successor organisation the United Reformed Church. -
2018.78: Saltaire Congregational Church: 1857 1957 Centenary Services Booklet contains two orders of service for morning and evening services on 28 April 1957 held to celebrate 100 years of the Saltaire Congregational Church (that is the organisation, rather than the building that was opened in 1859). The booklet was produced to celebrate 100 years of the existence of the Church, from its initial meeting in 1857. See also 2018.79 for the accompanying brochure and 2018.70 for a booklet celebrating the centenary of the Church building. -
C3b-103: Guide to Saltaire United Reformed ChurchBooklet 'Guide to Saltaire United Reformed Church'
-
2024.10: Sir James Roberts leaves Saltaire (The land disposals of Sir James Roberts) Document describing the land holdings of Sir James Roberts in Saltaire and nearby Milner Field following his sale of the Salts textile business in 1918. The research is based mainly on letters exchanged between Sir James Roberts and his representative in Saltaire, John Baker. -
2025.108: Lightcliffe Church14 coloured photographs of Lightcliffe Church with negatives. The pulpit in the church was a gift from Sir Titus Salt who had a main home at near by Crow Nest. 1. Coloured photograph of Lightcliffe church tower 2. Coloured photograph of Lightcliffe church tower 3. Coloured photograph of the outside of Lightcliffe church - the nave? 4. Coloured photograph of the outside of Lightcliffe church - the nave? 5. Coloured photograph of the top of the stained glass window in Lightcliffe church 6. Coloured photograph of the middle of the stained glass window in Lightcliffe church 7. Coloured photograph of the bottom of the stained glass window in Lightcliffe church 8. Coloured photograph of the lodge at Crow Nest 9. Coloured photograph of a close up of the lodge at Crow Nest 10. Coloured photograph of a view of the front door and the stone lintel pedestal of the lodge at Crow Nest 11. Coloured photograph of a view of the front door and the stone lintel pedestal of the lodge at Crow Nest 12. Coloured photograph of a close up of the Salt coat of arms with the words 'Quid Non Deo Juvante' 13. Coloured photograph of a close up of the Salt motto with the words 'Quid Non Deo Juvante' 14. Coloured photograph of a close up of a stone ornament on top of the gate post of the lodge at Crow Nest
-
2025.122: Saltaire Congregational Church 1989 to 1959Small booklet to celebrate the Centenary of the Opening of the Church built by the late Sir Titus Salt, Bart. and opened 13th April 1859. Includes order of service
-
2024.3: A painting of gents' toilet in Saltaire Congregational Church A watercolour painting of wooden toilet in Saltaire Congregational Church before it was removed. See also 2024.4. -
C2b-104: Lower George Street and United Reformed ChurchPostcard of coloured drawing of lower George Street and the United Reformed Church in Saltaire.
-
C2b-115a-b: View of Saltaire from roof of United Reformed Church2 photocopies of two photos taken from scaffolding at the top of Saltaire United Reformed Church during roof repairs
-
C2b-122: View of United Reformed ChurchPhotocopy of two photos taken from scaffolding at the top of Saltaire United Reformed Church during repairs - showing men working on the portico and leading the portico roof
-
C2b-124: View of United Reformed ChurchTwo photos taken from scaffolding at the top of Saltaire United Reformed Church - 1 photo showing gold-leaved acanthus element
-
C2b-125: United Reformed Church gold spirePhotocopy of two photos taken from scaffolding at the top of Saltaire United Reformed Church during roof repairs - 1 photo showing gold spire on top of dome
-
C2b-126: United Reformed Church spire and acanthusPhotocopy of two photos taken from scaffolding at the top of Saltaire United Reformed Church during roof repairs - 1 photo showing gold-leaf acanthus , 1 photo showing gold spire
-
C2b-127a-b: United Reformed Church spire2 photocopies of a photograph of multipile shots of the spire taken down from top of Saltaire United Reformed Church during roof repairs
-
Methodist Church building, Saltaire, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel that first stood on this site was built in 1868 on land gifted by Titus Salt. The original church was demolished in 1970 due to its deteriorating condition. The current Methodist Church was built in 1971 and was subsequently modified to be more in keeping with the surrounding village. Saltaire has survived into the 21st century remarkably unscathed. With the Bath and Wash Houses and the Congregational Sunday School, the Wesleyan Methodist Church is one of the few buildings to have been lost. -
D4-037a: Saltaire Congregational Church guide bookSaltaire United Reformed Church 'Guide' 1987
-
D4-022a-b: Letter to the Church and Congregation of Congregational Church Saltaire2 copies of booklet: 'Letter to the Church and Congregation of Congregational Church Saltaire by Rev. David Cowan (May 1877)
-
C2b-386.7: Saltaire History, 'Happy Anniversary! - Saltaire United Reform Church, 150th Birthday'Magazine article taken from The Prosider 2009 p.34-35 Saltaire History, 'Happy Anniversary! - Saltaire United Reform Church, 150th Birthday' - Roger Clarke delves into the history of the church as it marks its 150th anniversary
-
C2b-032.14: Interior of Congregational Church, Saltaire Postcard showing the organ inside the Congregational (now United Reformed) Church, Saltaire. Pews are also visible in the foreground. -
2025.121: Saltaire Congregational Year Book 1929Saltaire Congregational Year Book 1929. A small paperbacked book with a black and white picture of the Saltaire Congregational Church on the front. The book was originally owned by Mr A Stubbs. It contains historical notes of the church, committee members and reports from the various church groups for example Boy Scouts, Ladies Sewing Society etc. It also includes births, marriages and deaths in the village together with the names and addresses of parishioners. The church accounts from 1st December 1927 to November 30th 1928 are also given
Catalogue data (excluding media) available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA 4.0) licence.